"Mom, We have to tell everyone about it so they will know!" - Bekah
Our founding director, Kristen, provides educational speaking visits to schools, higher educational programs, or groups to educate others of the facts, signs & symptoms, and myths about childhood and ovarian cancers. if you are interested in having Kris visit and speak to your group please contact us for more information.
Ovarian Cancer Facts
* Ovarian Cancer is the 5th leading cause of death in women/girls over all.
* Diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer in women/girls UNDER age 29 has increased by 39% since 2004.
* Detecting Ovarian Cancer is NOT possible through Pap Smears.
* 89% of all diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer is diagnosed in the late/advanced stages.
* Ovarian Cancer does not have a true test to detect it. However, a blood test measuring proteins in the blood called CA-125, which is found when tumors in the body are present, can be instrumental in detecting Ovarian tumors.
Types of Childhood Cancer Include:
* Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia * Acute Myeloid Leukemia
* Brain Tumors; Including ATRT/Medulloblastoma/PNET/+ More
* DIPG * Ewings Sarcoma * Germ Cell Tumors
* Kidney/Wilms Tumor * Liver Cancer * Lymphoma
* Neuroblastoma * Osteosarcoma * Retinoblastoma
* Rhabdomyosarcoma * Skin Cancer * Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Childhood Cancer Facts
* Every day, 43 children are diagnosed with cancer
* 7 children PER DAY will die from their cancer, that is 12% of kids diagnosed do not survive
* Children's cancer affects all ethnic, gender and socio-ecnomic groups.
* 1 in every 285 children under the age of 19 is diagnosed with cancer
* The average age of children diagnosed is 6.
* More than 40,000 children undergo treatment for cancer each year.
* 60% of children who survive cancer suffer from late effects, such as
infertility, heart failure and secondary cancers.
* Childhood Cancer Research is vastly and consistently underfunded. Only receiving 4 percent of the NCI budget yearly.